Intentions were to disregard the local ratings on the Best Tasting Margarita in the area, and using our limited funds, go on a quest for our own best tasting margarita selection. In other words, could we each have a Margarita for less than $20 including tip.
Since everyone has a preference for how a margarita is made and one person may like a margarita and another person thinks differently, the Winos came up with the following criteria for their quest:
- Two Margaritas for less than $20 including tip (restated from above)
- Local to the DFW Metroplex
- Taste... this is a hard one, so we went with both Winos have to agree on taste, else it falls of the list. Note
- Strength... after the second Margarita, do we need an Uber to drive us home?
Also, other limits applied to normalize the tastings:
- There should not be an aftertaste... this is a deal breaker that has shot down Margaritas in the past that were otherwise good.
- Two Margaritas per Wino must be consumed in an hour or less; one Margarita was considered 16oz or less.
- No "large fishbowl" Margaritas if they exceeded 32oz, else one 32oz Margarita was considered two Margaritas.